Views: 140 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-03-26 Origin: Site
1. What are the preservation methods for cut flowers
The lifespan of flowers is very short, mostly within a week, and shorter in summer. Especially flowers like roses will wither in about two days.
How to keep roses fresh and long-lasting:
"You can cut one branch of the bottom branch of a rose flower at an angle, and then put them into a bottle. Because the angle will increase the cross section of the flower branch that contacts water, it will make the flower branch preserve for a longer time.".
Add half a spoonful of salt to the vase water, which can resist hydrolysis and oxidation. Be careful not to put too much salt in it.
3. Burn the bottom of the rose flower and infarct the incision, which can prevent the nutrition inside the flower branch from leaking out.
4. Put a formalin or vitamin in the vase, which will provide nutritional supplements to the flower branches.
5. Adding a little beer to the vase should not be too much. Beer contains ethanol and a small amount of sugar, which is similar to alcohol in principle and can disinfect flower branches to prevent cross section infection.
2. What are the preservation methods for cut flowers
Cut flowers can be kept for 15-20 days, and a suitable environment must be provided during the maintenance period. Proper maintenance is necessary, otherwise the preservation time will be shorter. Because fresh cut flowers have no roots to provide them with water and nutrients, they can only rely on their branches to absorb nutrients. Branches absorb limited nutrients and cannot meet growth needs, resulting in a short survival time.
2、 How to cultivate fresh cut Australian wintersweet flowers? 1. Selecting branches: When maintaining fresh cut Australian wintersweet flowers, choose robust flower branches, remove the leaves at the bottom of the flower branches, and trim the bottom to form an oblique opening, which can absorb more water. The length of the flower branch should also be determined based on the height of the container. 2. Container selection: Fresh cut Australian wintersweet flowers also require light, so the container selected must be transparent. It is recommended to select a transparent container, which is also convenient for observing water quality and management.
3. Water culture maintenance: After the flower branches are treated and the container is ready, they can be inserted. After inserting, add an appropriate amount of clean water, and then pour in a diluted white sugar solution. This can supplement nutrients to the flower branches, or it can also be added with a preservative. In the later stage, it is necessary to place it in a warm, well ventilated place with scattered light, such an environment can better bloom. In addition, attention should also be paid to water quality. If water pollution is found, it is necessary to replace the water as soon as possible to ensure that the water quality is always clean and fresh.
3. Freshness preservation technology for fresh cut flowers
Freshly cut phalaenopsis should not be stored in a fresh-keeping cabinet, but in a humid place. The flowers of phalaenopsis are beautiful and beautiful, with a long flowering period and a large number of flowers. They can absorb harmful indoor gases, purify the air, and can be used as a potted ornamental. It can also be used as high-end materials for cut flowers, VIP corsage, bride bouquet, and flower basket arrangement; Can be used as a gift during festivals. Phalaenopsis likes warmth and fears cold. The suitable temperature for growth is 15-20 ℃, and growth will stop below 10 ℃ in winter
4. Preservation period of various cut flowers
The following common methods can be followed: Put the cut flower branches in a cool place, lay wrapping paper or plastic film underneath, place the flower branches together, and gently package them to avoid squeezing during transportation.
If the flower branch wilts during transportation, it should be placed in a cool place and slowly sprayed with water, and then inserted into the water after it stretches. Note: To improve the freshness of flowers and extend their opening time, cut flowers should be stored at 5 ℃. Different varieties can be stored for half a month or several months. Storage and transportation of fresh cut flowers Currently, there is a lot of research on fresh-keeping techniques for fresh cut flowers. Various fresh-keeping methods have their own characteristics, but some have greater difficulties in practical application, and some have higher application costs. The research, development and application of fresh-keeping technology for fresh cut flowers should follow the principles of science, economy, reliability, and applicability, and comprehensively consider various factors. Here, a brief introduction is given to some relatively mature or attempted preservation techniques that have achieved good results.
(1) Low temperature storage technology Low temperature storage is a mature technology currently used, which can weaken flower life activities, slow respiration, reduce energy consumption, and inhibit ethylene production, thereby extending the ornamental period of flowers and maintaining good quality.
At the same time, it can avoid flower discoloration, deformation, and invasion of microorganisms and bacteria to a certain extent.
The temperature for cold storage and preservation of various flowers is related to the variety and origin of the flowers. Generally, the suitable storage temperature for flowers originating in the temperate zone is 0 ℃ to 1 ℃, while the storage temperature for tropical and subtropical flowers is about 7 ℃ to 15 ℃ and 4 ℃ to 7 ℃, respectively. The general suitable humidity for all flowers is 85% to 95%.
In addition, fresh cut flowers can be divided into wet storage and dry storage.
Wet storage involves immersing the stem of a flower in a container filled with water or protective liquid, which can maintain sufficient water content for the flower. However, transportation is difficult. This method is suitable for short-term storage and transportation, which can maintain the shape of the flower and prevent mechanical damage. However, transportation requires more equipment and costs more.
Dry storage does not provide any water supplement measures during storage, and is suitable for long-term storage of fresh cut flowers. Generally, film packaging is used to reduce water evaporation, reduce respiration, and prolong life.
In practical production, dry storage is convenient for transportation and is widely used.
(2) The long-distance comprehensive transportation and preservation technology developed by the Department of Ornamental Horticulture and Landscape Architecture of China Agricultural University is based on the pre cooling and pre-treatment liquid treatment, and comprehensively applies technologies such as polyethylene film moisture limiting packaging, harmful gas absorbent, refrigerant storage agent, and polystyrene cold insulation separator to achieve long-distance preservation and transportation at room temperature, It is an advanced and practical comprehensive preservation technology for long-distance transportation of fresh cut flowers in China, which can reduce the long-distance transportation loss from over 40% to less than 20%.
At the same time, compared with conventional preservation techniques, the quality of flowers is improved; Increase the average selling price by more than 10%.
(3) Kunming Qianhui Seed and Seedling Co., Ltd., based on local realities and learning from successful foreign experiences, developed a vertical container for fresh cut flowers with water packaging and transportation technology. After the collection and grading of fresh cut flowers, a certain number of flowers are placed in a vertical plastic container containing a certain level of water (adding preservatives to the water), A transportation method in which cardboard is inserted into the grooves around the edges of vertical containers to form side edges, and then covered with a plastic top cover. The packaging machine is used to pack and bind tightly. When shipping, relevant information is written on the cardboard of vertical containers.
It is mainly used for long-distance transportation by plane, train, and car. It is characterized by extending the vase life of cut flowers (10 to 12 days), improving the quality of fresh cut flowers, and achieving outstanding economic benefits.
According to statistics, the selling price of fresh cut flowers transported in vertical containers containing water has increased by 10% to 15% year-on-year, and the year-on-year profit per branch has increased by 0.50 yuan to 1.0 yuan.
(4) The technological process of drying fresh cut flowers is as follows: fresh cut flowers → pre cooling pretreatment → slight dehydration → coating liquid → drying → rehydration → fresh cut flowers.
In the technological process, it is advisable to dehydrate fresh cut flowers without wilting, shrinking, or losing freshness.
The main components of the membrane liquid are composite modified konjac glucomannan, glycerol, emulsifier, distilled water, etc.
The coating liquid can be soaked or sprayed, and it should be noted that the coating liquid must be uniform and comprehensive.
Vacuum freeze drying, hot air drying, or microwave drying can be used for drying.
Rehydration can be done by soaking or spraying with warm or cold water.
Due to the water swelling and water retention properties of composite modified konjac glucomannan, it can gradually restore fresh cut flowers to their fresh state during the water absorption process.
(5) Other preservation technologies During transportation, some corresponding preservation technologies can also be used in combination with specific situations. For example, during storage and transportation, rapid processing with preservation solutions containing substances such as sugar, fungicides, ethylene activity inhibitors, and growth regulators can improve the quality of fresh cut flowers. Adding sucrose to supplement the sucrose consumed by endogenous respiration during storage and transportation can also delay the onset of aging symptoms. Disease control can prevent the loss of quality of flowers after harvest. Flowers stored and transported should be kept away from visible infections, such as gray mold infection, which can cause significant loss of stored flowers. In order to reduce flower diseases, in addition to lowering storage and transportation temperatures, fungicides are also widely used for spraying and advanced treatment.
5. What are the methods for keeping cut flowers fresh
I used to put salt and vitamin C in it before. Recently, I got a new method: dropping a few drops of 84 disinfectant, which can keep it fresh for a longer time than the previous methods. Try it!
6. Preservation methods for cut flowers
A method for preserving cut flowers of hibiscus chinensis, characterized in that it comprises the following steps:
Step a: Pretreatment before pruning: Spray a foliar treatment agent on the leaves of Hibiscus mume half a day to one day in advance before pruning; The leaf surface treatment agent is a mixture comprising a transpiration inhibitor and a wetting agent;
Step b: Cut the branches of the flowers of the hibiscus in the early morning of the next day;
Step c. Fresh keeping treatment: Put the lower end of the cut off flower branches into a liquid or solid medium containing the fresh-keeping ingredients of hibiscus
7. Common methods for preserving cut flowers
Fresh petals cannot be kept fresh for a long time, only dried flowers can be preserved. "Try to use hot air to quickly dry the cut flowers, hanging them with their heads facing down, so that the top of the stem remains rigid during the drying process. You can hang the cut flowers on iron wires or shelves to dry them. Do not use plastic bags, as they prevent moisture diffusion and cause mold.".
In addition, you can also use relatively clean and dry sand, and then find a printing paper to make a paper box that can hold the petals. Then, use the sand to pour the petals into the paper box, and finally, place the paper box in a dry place.
However, when making dry flowers, they should be cut in dry weather to facilitate drying. Of course, you can also use a microwave oven, and the drying time depends on the type of oven and the number of flowers.
8. Basic principles and methods of fresh-cut flowers preservation
Several preservation methods
For some flowers and trees with brittle stems, the branch selected for vase insertion should be broken by hand. This way, the pedicel is not under pressure, the catheter remains normal, and it is easy to absorb water.
The end crushing method breaks the end of the pedicel (about an inch), which increases the water absorption area. Common woody flower branches such as magnolia, hydrangea, cloves, peonies, wisteria, etc. can use this method more often.
Fresh flower preservatives: Adding an appropriate amount of chemicals to the flower arrangement solution can immediately inhibit flower branches and prolong the preservation time. "If you cannot buy a preservative, you can use potassium permanganate in an aqueous solution of 4000 parts for preservation, or use aspirin in an aqueous solution of 3000 parts to prepare a simple preservative that can also make flowers bloom.".
Immerse the base of herbal flowers in boiling water for about 10 seconds, or soak it in hot water for 2 minutes. After removal, immerse it in cold water again, which can infarct the incision and prevent the outflow of liquid from the flower tissue.
It is mainly used for hot water immersion of herbaceous flowers. Rootless flowers inserted in vases by the tea water method are prone to wither, and generally wither after only three or four days of flowering in clear water. If you use tea (or freshly brewed tea, but you must wait until the tea has completely cooled before using it) instead of clear water, it can delay the time of flower arranging and withering. It is better to use a thicker tea. Using tea to arrange flowers, the flowers will not wither within 7 days, and the flowers are bright and eye-catching
The aroma overflows.
When a flower droops its head, you can cut off a small section of the end of the flower branch, and then place it in a container filled with cold water. Leave only the flower head exposed to the water. After 1-2 hours, the flower branch will wake up, suitable for both grass and woody flowers.
The beer method is to add a little beer to the bottle with flowers, or add a little water to the bottle with foam left from the flowers. As a result, the fresh-keeping period of these flowers will be prolonged.
This is because beer contains ethanol, which can disinfect and preserve the cut edges of flower branches. It also contains sugar and other nutrients, which can provide nutrients for the branches and leaves.
Refrigerator preservation method When the whole family goes out, take out the vase flowers and arrange them in a plastic bag and store them in the refrigerator, which can keep them fresh for several days,
After returning, take it out and insert it in the vase, which can be lifelike again.
In addition, flower arrangement materials should be selected with only 70 to 80% of the flowers blooming. When the flower arrangement is in full bloom, it is not suitable to place it in a window with strong sunlight to prevent the flowers from withering early. Change the water once every 3-4 days in winter and 1-2 days in summer. Do not add enough water to make the flower arrangement durable and durable.
In order to allow the flowers to bloom for a long time, when cutting flower branches, it is best to cut the cut into a 45 degree slope, which can expand the water absorption area, and can also crack the base of the flower stem to help absorb water.
Adding a small amount of sugar to the water used for flower arranging can supplement the nutrients needed by the flowers. Adding a small amount of salt can prevent the growth of bacteria. If a small amount of vitamin C is added, the protective effect on flowers will be greater. After planting flowers, they should be placed in a place with good ventilation and light. Change water frequently to prevent flowers and leaves from falling into the water and polluting the water source. When changing water, cut a portion of the cut that is no longer fresh at the base and insert it into the water.
Cut flowers with sharp knives instead of scissors, preferably in the morning or evening. Soak in cold boiled water at 20 ℃. Cut off the leaves that are inserted into the water. Do not place fruit where cut flowers are placed, and keep away from the TV. The indoor temperature is preferably 15-20 ℃. If you add a small amount of granulated sugar or one or two aspirin tablets to the flower arranging liquid, it can be beneficial for keeping fresh and making the flowers more colorful.
9. What are the preservation methods for fresh cut flowers
That is, fresh cut flowers are stored in cold storage or freezer, refrigerator, and other refrigeration facilities for freshness preservation. Generally, the storage temperature of cut flowers is 2-4 ℃, but some tropical cut flower varieties, such as Candle, Tropical Orchid, etc., may suffer from freezing damage during storage at this temperature.
Chrysanthemum can be stored for 30 days at a humidity of 85%~90% and 0~0.5 ℃; Can be stored for 14 days at 2 ℃; It can be stored for 7 days at 20~25 ℃; It is generally believed that the suitable temperature for storage of chrysanthemum is 0~4 ℃