Views: 105 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-08-15 Origin: Site
CA cold storage, also known as controlled atmosphere storage, is the most advanced fresh-keeping storage method of fruits and vegetables. On the basis of refrigeration, it increases the regulation of gas composition. By controlling the temperature, humidity, carbon dioxide, oxygen concentration and ethylene concentration in the storage environment, it inhibits the respiration of fruits and vegetables, delays their metabolic process, better maintains the freshness and commerciality of fruits and vegetables, and prolongs the storage and preservation period of fruits and vegetables. (Sales shelf life ). Generally, the storage period of controlled atmosphere storage is 0.5-1 times longer than that of ordinary refrigeration. Fruits and vegetables stored in controlled atmosphere storage are “awakened” from “dormant”state after being released from storage, which can extend the fresh-keeping period (selling shelf life) of fruits and vegetables after being released from storage by 21-28 days, 4-5 times as that of ordinary refrigeration storage.
Characteristics of Fruits and Vegetables Stored by Controlled Atmosphere
(1) Maintaining the original shape, color and aroma of fruits and vegetables well;
(2) Fruit firmness was higher than that of common refrigeration.
(3) Low fruit rot rate and low natural loss (water loss rate);
(4) Extending shelf life. Because fruits and vegetables are affected by low oxygen and high carbon dioxide for a long time, there is still a long “lag effect” or dormancy period when the controlled atmosphere is released.
(5) Suitable for long-distance transportation and export. The quality of fruits and vegetables has improved significantly, which has created conditions for export and marketing.
(6) Many fruits and vegetables can reach the annual supply of seasonal production and annual sales, creating good social and economic benefits